Home
Jabber Software Foundation room
foundation@conference.jabber.org
Tuesday, 24 November 2009< ^ >
stpeter has set the subject to: http://www.xmpp.org/xsf/ | next meeting 2009-11-24 @ 20:00 UTC, see http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/members/2009-November/005469.html
Room Configuration

GMT-6
[00:08:10] Tobias joins the room
[00:58:31] Tobias leaves the room: Disconnected: connection closed
[02:52:36] GuillaumeMob joins the room
[02:53:13] GuillaumeMob leaves the room: offline
[02:53:32] Guillaume_ joins the room
[02:59:09] Tobias joins the room
[03:15:21] luca_tagliaferri joins the room
[04:31:54] Tobias leaves the room: Disconnected: connection closed
[05:16:45] MiGri joins the room
[05:37:01] Guillaume_ leaves the room
[08:49:13] Joe Maissel joins the room
[10:44:27] MattJ joins the room
[10:44:27] MattJ leaves the room
[10:44:52] MattJ joins the room
[10:50:09] MattJ leaves the room: Disconnected: connection closed
[11:08:20] MattJ joins the room
[11:15:01] MattJ leaves the room: Disconnected: connection closed
[11:23:57] Tobias joins the room
[11:29:29] MattJ joins the room
[11:31:24] MattJ leaves the room: Be right back.
[11:31:28] MattJ joins the room
[12:26:02] DarkAnthey joins the room
[12:40:58] Tobias leaves the room: Disconnected: connection closed
[12:45:48] Peter Mount (retep.org) joins the room
[12:46:08] Alex joins the room
[12:49:19] Tobias joins the room
[12:51:40] <DarkAnthey> Hi everyone. I have a question. In http-bind for reinitialize a session. I must send rid + 1. But my javascript - jabber client, at this moment no longer knows rid. Can I ask the server rid? Or are there other ways to circumvent this problem.
[12:52:51] luca_tagliaferri leaves the room
[12:55:08] <MattJ> DarkAnthey, join the jdev on this server :)
[12:55:13] <MattJ> *jdev room
[12:56:07] <DarkAnthey> Ok. thank :)
[12:56:10] DarkAnthey leaves the room
[13:37:11] Steffen Larsen joins the room
[13:46:07] luca_tagliaferri joins the room
[13:46:48] Arc Riley joins the room
[13:48:36] koski joins the room
[13:49:04] safasofuoglu joins the room
[13:49:58] alexey.melnikov joins the room
[13:50:17] kurt.zeilenga joins the room
[13:53:58] Neustradamus joins the room
[13:58:55] stpeter joins the room
[14:00:41] remko joins the room
[14:01:52] <MiGri> *dong*
[14:01:58] <stpeter> I think it's time, no?
[14:02:04] <stpeter> I should have sent out a reminder
[14:02:23] <MattJ> Alex did 20 minutes ago
[14:02:23] <Peter Mount (retep.org)> it looks like it is
[14:02:26] <Alex> yes it is,
[14:02:42] <Alex> let's wait 3 more minutes
[14:02:45] <stpeter> ok
[14:02:46] <stpeter> brb
[14:02:50] <stpeter> need tea
[14:03:40] <Alex> I also sent it to identi.ca, but the bot goes on and off all the time for me today
[14:04:13] <luca_tagliaferri> Hello
[14:04:16] <MattJ> Yeah, they're having problems
[14:04:30] <Steffen Larsen> why is identi.ca that unstable with the bot?..
[14:04:34] <Steffen Larsen> its frustrating
[14:05:54] tofu joins the room
[14:06:11] <MattJ> Steffen Larsen, indeed
[14:06:31] cbas joins the room
[14:06:50] <Alex> ok, lets start then
[14:06:57] Alex bangs the gavel
[14:07:20] <Alex> here is our agenda for today:
http://xmpp.org/xsf/members/meetings/2009-11-24.shtml
[14:07:34] <Alex> 1) Call for Quorum
[14:07:37] safasofuoglu leaves the room
[14:07:41] huni joins the room
[14:08:10] <Alex> as you can see 29 members voted via proxy, so we already have a quorum
[14:08:22] <Alex> 2) Items Subject to a Vote
[14:08:44] <Alex> new & returning members and bylaw changes
[14:09:15] <Alex> bylaw changes are missing on the agenda, I add them later
[14:09:30] <Alex> 3) Opportunity for XSF Members to Vote in the Meeting
[14:09:31] <stpeter> heh, ok, I was wondering :)
[14:09:36] <remko> +1
[14:09:55] <remko> or should i talk to memberbot? :)
[14:10:16] <stpeter> oops, it seems that I didn't vote because memberbot was crashing at the time (disk full) so my votes were never recorded
[14:10:17] ff joins the room
[14:10:36] <stpeter> oh well
[14:10:46] <Alex> ya, so you can vote in private if you want
[14:10:52] <remko> ok
[14:10:54] <remko> i'll do that
[14:11:03] <Alex> remko: I mean peter
[14:11:16] <remko> well, too late
[14:11:18] <Alex> you can vote later, thats item 4 on the Agenda
[14:11:24] <remko> i voted via proxy
[14:11:26] <remko> :)
[14:11:57] <Alex> remko: yes you already voted via proxy
[14:12:06] <cbas> In fact I had to vote twice cause Memberbot didn't seem to remember the first round.
[14:12:08] <remko> ok, disregard me
[14:12:44] <Alex> cbas: ya, this was related to the disk problems, I counted your second vote
[14:13:04] <Alex> stpeter: the applicant are here:
http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Membership_Applications_October_2009
[14:13:05] cbas leaves the room
[14:13:16] <stpeter> alex: yes, I'm there
[14:13:22] <Alex> ok ;-)
[14:15:08] Lucas_ joins the room
[14:15:27] <Alex> ok Peter voted in private, anybody else wants to vote?
[14:15:47] cbas joins the room
[14:16:19] <Alex> 4) Vote on board size via memberbot
[14:17:05] <Alex> as you have seen on the mailing list Peter submitted this item for the meeting
[14:17:12] <Alex> I have setup memberbot
[14:17:42] <Alex> so you should vote via memberbot no on this item
[14:17:43] <stpeter> (maybe that tools team can figure out a way for memberbot to hang out in the official XSF chatroom... :)
[14:18:25] <stpeter> I voted!
[14:18:30] <stpeter> fastest vote in history :)
[14:18:42] <Alex> do you need to clarufy ths item or it it clear to everybody?
[14:18:51] <Alex> clarify
[14:19:01] dwd joins the room
[14:19:26] <huni> voted
[14:19:53] <stpeter> http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/members/2009-November/005471.html has a longer description of the item we're voting on
[14:19:56] <huni> btw, I don't see memberbot online, but I am able to vote when I send an offline message, is it a feature?
[14:20:07] <stpeter> huni: I see the bot online
[14:20:43] <Alex> have votes from:
safasofuoglu@gmail.com
stpeter@jabber.org
remko@el-tramo.be
alexey.melnikov@isode.com
l-fy@jabber.null.ro
kevin@doomsong.co.uk
gnauck@jabber.org
[14:20:45] <huni> maybe that's a problem with my client, thanks
[14:20:55] <dwd> I've voted. Thanks mostly to Neustradamus reminding me. :-)
[14:20:59] <Tobias> Alex: i've voted too
[14:21:24] <Tobias> at least i saw my name in your mail
[14:21:30] <Neustradamus> dwd: :)
[14:21:45] <Lucas_> there's another vote running?
[14:21:50] <Alex> Tobias: you voted on members ad bylaw changes, but not on item 4
[14:22:00] <dwd> Gosh, since we're quorate, we could add something else and terrify everyone again. :-)
[14:22:12] <huni> :)
[14:22:18] <Tobias> Alex: and how can i vote on that?
[14:22:28] <dwd> Well, of course, we would have been quorate if just Alex had shown up. :-)
[14:22:31] <Alex> Tobias: now via memberbot
[14:22:58] <Tobias> done
[14:23:21] <stpeter> dwd: terrify everyone? are you a terrorist?
[14:23:24] vArDo joins the room
[14:23:40] <Alex> ok, have votes now from:
[14:23:41] <Alex> tobiasfar@jabber.org
dwd@dave.cridland.net
safasofuoglu@gmail.com
stpeter@jabber.org
remko@el-tramo.be
alexey.melnikov@isode.com
l-fy@jabber.null.ro
kevin@doomsong.co.uk
gnauck@jabber.org
[14:23:48] <MattJ> +me, just
[14:23:50] <huni> hi vArDo
[14:23:56] <dwd> stpeter, No, no. The purpose of terrorism is to terrorize, rather than terrify.
[14:24:00] <Alex> this is no quorum yet
[14:24:11] <MattJ> Alex, related, can you change my JID to me (at) matthewwild.co.uk?
[14:24:16] <vArDo> huni: hi there
[14:24:18] <stpeter> hmm
[14:24:28] <stpeter> a quorum is one-third of the members, no?
[14:24:32] <dwd> Alex, The meeting is quorate, isn't it? So technically it doesn't matter how many people then vote?
[14:24:36] <stpeter> according to the bylaws
[14:24:47] <MattJ> Here we go again :)
[14:25:08] <kurt.zeilenga> voted via bot.
[14:25:12] vArDo voted
[14:26:35] <Alex> 22 in the room, but not all all members
[14:27:02] <Alex> can we count 14 members?
[14:27:04] <stpeter> Section 3.8 of the Bylaws states that "If a quorum is present, the affirmative vote of a majority of the Members represented at the meeting and entitled to vote on the subject matter shall be the act of the Members...", and AFAICS we have a quorum of Members here because a quorum is one-third of the members
[14:27:05] <MiGri> not yet
[14:27:27] <dwd> Alex, Yes, but the definition of quorate is the number of people who voted on the original issues, rather than the number of people actually present and voting on this issue.
[14:27:47] <dwd> Alex, That stuff being now ingrained into my head after last meeting... :-)
[14:27:47] <MiGri> alex: just an idea: announce first the voting results
[14:28:02] <MiGri> alex: from there we are enough
[14:28:17] cbas leaves the room
[14:28:27] <MiGri> (hopefully)
[14:28:55] <Alex> dwd: ok
[14:29:06] <stpeter> the members here are Alex, stpeter, alexey.melnikov, Arc Riley, cbas, dwd, ff, huni, kurt.zeilenga, Lucas_, MattJ, remko, Tobias, tofu, and vArDo
[14:29:16] <stpeter> that's 15
[14:29:24] <Alex> I will start counting now and prepare the results
[14:29:31] <dwd> I just counted 16, but I'll take your word for it. :-)
[14:29:38] <remko> i think he means the applications
[14:29:39] <stpeter> maybe I missed someone
[14:29:57] <remko> or maybe not
[14:30:01] <dwd> stpeter, No, I can't count.
[14:30:28] <ff> late, but voted ;)
[14:30:41] <stpeter> dwd: that's ok, at least you can write code ;-)
[14:31:11] <dwd> stpeter, Well, some would debate that, too.
[14:31:29] <kurt.zeilenga> stpeter, yes, but how many off by one errors does it contain? :-)
[14:31:36] <stpeter> dwd: take that up with your manager
[14:32:52] <Alex> ok, I shutdown memberbot when everybody has voted
[14:33:10] huni leaves the room
[14:33:19] safasofuoglu joins the room
[14:33:40] safasofuoglu leaves the room
[14:33:44] huni joins the room
[14:34:56] <Alex> 5) Announcement of Voting Results
[14:35:15] <Alex> if you reload the page at:
http://xmpp.org/xsf/members/meetings/2009-11-24.shtml
you can see the results
[14:35:40] <Alex> all new and returning members are accepted
[14:35:50] <Alex> and all bylaws changes are accepted
[14:36:06] <stpeter> super, now we can get back to business :)
[14:36:20] <dwd> Joe Maissel, Welcome to the XSF.
[14:36:49] <dwd> koski, And you, Tuomas, of course.
[14:36:55] <Alex> and the board size will e changed to 4 because we have a quorum
[14:37:01] <Steffen Larsen> wheii.. :-)
[14:37:22] <Alex> 6) Any Other Business?
[14:37:31] <koski> Merci!
[14:37:33] <koski> Kiitos :)
[14:37:54] <Peter Mount (retep.org)> thanks everyone :-)
[14:38:17] <Steffen Larsen> merci as well! :-)
[14:38:21] <huni> welcome!
[14:38:34] <Alex> welcome to all new members
[14:38:39] <Joe Maissel> Outstanding! Thank you.
[14:38:44] <dwd> Yes, welcome to both of you. Now you can go to sleep for three months, until the next vote.
[14:38:58] <remko> ~)
[14:38:59] <remko> :)
[14:39:02] <Joe Maissel> ha!
[14:39:05] <dwd> Or, of course, there's the new work teams - how are those progressing, Peter?
[14:39:50] <Alex> 7) Formal Adjournment
[14:40:05] <Alex> I motion thant we adjourn
[14:40:17] <kurt.zeilenga> Second.
[14:40:19] <dwd> Unless stpeter wants to say anything about the work teams?
[14:40:22] Alex bangs the gavel
[14:40:26] <dwd> WHile there are people here?
[14:40:38] <Steffen Larsen> is it review teams etc?
[14:40:56] <dwd> Steffen Larsen, Yes, tech review, infrastructure, communications.
[14:41:05] kurt.zeilenga leaves the room
[14:41:26] <Steffen Larsen> dwd: that would be very cool and needed. Especially if we are getting more and more members.
[14:41:32] <dwd> Steffen Larsen, With Communications also doing editorial passes over XEPs, to make them more readable (in particular, perhaps, for non-native English speakers)
[14:41:42] <stpeter> we can discuss the work teams on the list, or start to have more regular meetings :)
[14:42:50] Edwin Mons joins the room
[14:43:11] <MattJ> I used to be in favour of frequent meetings, for some reason since some weeks ago I feel all run out of meeting time :)
[14:43:19] <stpeter> heh
[14:43:20] <stpeter> yeah
[14:43:45] Edwin Mons leaves the room
[14:43:53] ff leaves the room
[14:44:16] <Steffen Larsen> stpeter: which lists are they discussed in?.. closed or in the standard list?
[14:44:32] <dwd> Steffen Larsen, Members list - but these are very new, and not yet setup.
[14:45:19] <Steffen Larsen> dwd: ahhh thats why!? ;-)
[14:45:45] <stpeter> Steffen Larsen: basically we're working to get XSF members more involved -- they need something to do other than voting once in a while :)
[14:46:09] <Steffen Larsen> stpeter: yeah, get the point
[14:46:18] <Peter Mount (retep.org)> stpeter I don't see that being a problem ;-)
[14:47:03] <Steffen Larsen> stpeter: so I belief that all the xmpp members will automatically be put on that lists?
[14:47:26] <dwd> Steffen Larsen, You'll automatically get subscribed to the members list, yes.
[14:47:26] <Steffen Larsen> stpeter: including the new ones.. ;-)
[14:47:53] <Steffen Larsen> dwd: (h5)
[14:49:44] Alex subscribes teh new members to the list now
[14:50:06] <Peter Mount (retep.org)> alex: thanks...
[14:50:28] <Steffen Larsen> Alex: /bowing
[14:54:25] Lucas_ leaves the room: offline
[14:56:33] MiGri has set the subject to: http://www.xmpp.org/xsf/ | No scheduled meeting.
[14:57:54] <stpeter> MiGri: thanks :)
[14:58:42] <MiGri> stpeter: I will stay and keep an eye on this room as always ;)
[14:59:01] <Alex> done, except of Mike Taylor, there is no contact information in the application
[15:00:14] <Steffen Larsen> Alex: got the mail.. thanks!
[15:00:30] luca_tagliaferri leaves the room
[15:00:35] <Peter Mount (retep.org)> alex: same here, thanks
[15:01:05] <Alex> you will also get a subscription rquest fro memberbot@jabber.org in the next days
[15:01:29] <Peter Mount (retep.org)> ok thx
[15:02:38] luca_tagliaferri joins the room
[15:03:23] <MattJ> Alex, did you/could you please update my JID? :)
[15:03:58] <MattJ> Not sure I like routing stuff through third-party servers running ejabberd anymore :)
[15:06:10] <Peter Mount (retep.org)> Ok I have a train to catch so I'll catch you all later... & thanks again...
[15:06:12] <Alex> MattJ: no problem, to which Jid?
[15:06:20] <MattJ> me @ matthewwild.co.uk please
[15:07:28] Peter Mount (retep.org) leaves the room
[15:07:56] <dwd> Alex, You probably need to check his identity.
[15:08:03] <Alex> MattJ: done, but subscription is none
[15:08:07] <dwd> Alex, You can do this by saying "LUA".
[15:08:09] <MattJ> k
[15:08:17] <dwd> Alex, And seeing how quick he responds. :-)
[15:08:23] <Alex> LOL
[15:09:31] <MattJ> Crisis
[15:09:36] <MattJ> HAL can't join the room to tell you off
[15:09:48] dwd laughs.
[15:09:55] <MattJ> So for now, http://prosody.im/LUA
[15:10:18] <dwd> Oh, now there's a weird bug:
[21:09:48] dwd: [[NATO UNCLASSIFIED]]
/me laughs.
[15:10:31] <dwd> Maybe I should turn FLOT labelling off. It is getting quite irritating anyway.
[15:11:39] <MattJ> Maybe
[15:12:10] <MattJ> Thanks Alex :)
[15:12:42] remko leaves the room: Disconnected: connection closed
[15:13:05] remko joins the room
[15:13:18] Alex needs some food and beer
[15:13:23] <Alex> TTYL guys
[15:13:35] <MattJ> See you
[15:13:45] <luca_tagliaferri> bye
[15:13:54] Alex leaves the room
[15:14:10] <MattJ> dwd: "I need some food and bacon"
[15:14:21] <remko> now there's a thought
[15:14:38] <remko> nope, no bacon in the fridge :(
[15:15:01] <MattJ> :(
[15:28:25] stpeter finishes writing the minutes from the IRI BoF
[15:39:49] huni leaves the room
[15:46:04] <Steffen Larsen> see ya guys later..
[15:46:08] <Steffen Larsen> cheers! (B)
[15:46:29] <MattJ> See you :)
[15:46:33] Steffen Larsen leaves the room
[15:52:06] vArDo leaves the room: offline
[15:52:56] remko leaves the room: Disconnected: conflict
[15:53:26] remko joins the room
[15:55:03] remko2 joins the room
[15:55:40] remko2 leaves the room: Disconnected: connection closed
[16:31:17] alexey.melnikov leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[16:31:21] alexey.melnikov joins the room
[16:32:04] alexey.melnikov leaves the room
[16:32:50] remko leaves the room: Disconnected: connection closed
[16:33:15] remko joins the room
[16:33:44] remko leaves the room
[16:47:53] Neustradamus leaves the room
[16:49:14] <koski> Night guys!
[16:49:50] koski leaves the room
[16:50:43] stpeter leaves the room
[17:15:26] tofu leaves the room: offline
[17:26:09] luca_tagliaferri leaves the room
[17:29:47] dwd leaves the room
[17:35:42] luca_tagliaferri joins the room
[18:11:12] Tobias leaves the room: Computer went to sleep
[18:44:17] MattJ joins the room
[19:18:34] Florian joins the room
[19:18:41] Florian leaves the room
[19:26:55] Arc Riley joins the room
[20:00:49] Arc Riley leaves the room
[20:02:33] Arc Riley joins the room
[22:58:46] MattJ leaves the room: offline
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!