Home
Jabber Software Foundation room
foundation@conference.jabber.org
Monday, 11 May 2009< ^ >
MiGri has set the subject to: http://www.xmpp.org/xsf/ | No scheduled meeting
Room Configuration

GMT-5
[02:20:56] Tobias joins the room
[03:37:46] Tobias joins the room
[03:58:57] MiGri joins the room
[04:41:53] jcea joins the room
[07:29:48] Tobias leaves the room
[09:41:06] tofu joins the room
[11:27:10] Tobias joins the room
[12:46:19] Tobias leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[12:46:23] Tobias joins the room
[13:45:02] Alex joins the room
[13:45:59] Florian joins the room
[13:46:09] <Florian> evening @ all
[13:46:30] <tofu> hello Florian
[13:47:10] stpeter joins the room
[13:47:11] Florian leaves the room
[13:47:18] Florian joins the room
[13:47:21] <stpeter> brb
[13:49:49] MiGri has set the subject to: http://www.xmpp.org/xsf/ | Meeting at 1900 UTC
[13:57:13] stpeter fights with his inbox
[13:57:34] <Alex> ;-)
[13:58:28] <MiGri> stpeter: who will win?
[13:59:42] <stpeter> MiGri: it is a never-ending battle
[14:00:00] <stpeter> I think that eventually my inbox will win
[14:00:12] <MiGri> ;)
[14:01:18] <stpeter> eventually I will die but my inbox will still keep receiving messages :)
[14:01:52] <Alex> I have lots of Gmail filters, so inbox is empty most of the time ;-)
[14:02:31] <MiGri> Alex: so you get no mail, neither spam nor useful ones? ;)
[14:03:18] <Alex> I get useful ones, but most of them don't end i nteh INbox folder, they end in other subfolders
[14:05:02] <Alex> I have a bad habit and ofteh don't respond to email and sms. But if its urgent then people find another way to contact me ;-)
[14:05:16] <Alex> ok guys, lets start with the meeting
[14:05:19] <MiGri> Alex: :)
[14:05:27] Alex bangs the gavel
[14:05:52] <Alex> here is our agenda for today:
http://xmpp.org/xsf/members/meetings/2009-05-11.shtml
[14:06:05] <Alex> 1) Call for Quorum
[14:06:22] <Alex> ad you can see 35 members voted via memberbot
[14:06:43] <Alex> we have 50 members, so we have a quorum
[14:06:49] <stpeter> not bad
[14:07:00] <Alex> 2) Items Subject to a Vote
[14:07:23] <Alex> New and Returning members
[14:07:42] <Alex> you can see all teh applicants here: http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Membership_Applications_April_2009
[14:07:59] <stpeter> yes we had some good applicants this time
[14:08:06] <stpeter> as always, I suppose )
[14:08:19] <Alex> 3) Opportunity for XSF Members to Vote in the Meeting
[14:08:37] <Alex> I think everybod< here voted already via memberbot
[14:08:50] <Florian> yup
[14:08:54] <tofu> I did
[14:08:56] <MiGri> yup
[14:09:15] <Alex> so let me prepare the results
[14:10:37] <Alex> grrr, permission problems, hold on
[14:10:50] <stpeter> erk
[14:11:09] stpeter logs into apollo
[14:11:14] <MiGri> alex: i can see the results
[14:11:15] <Alex> sudo is my best friend ;-)
[14:11:18] <stpeter> heh
[14:11:25] <Florian> :)
[14:11:27] <stpeter> it's good to be root
[14:11:35] <Alex> 4) Announcement of Voting Results
[14:11:54] <Alex> if you reload the webpage at: http://xmpp.org/xsf/members/meetings/2009-05-11.shtml you can see the results
[14:12:12] <Alex> all new and returning members are accepted
[14:12:43] <stpeter> hmph, I should've voted against Kev
[14:12:56] <Florian> lol
[14:12:58] <Alex> ;-)
[14:13:04] <MiGri> #:)
[14:13:11] <Alex> 5) Any Other Business?
[14:13:24] <stpeter> not official business
[14:13:38] <Florian> inofficial business?
[14:13:40] <Florian> :)
[14:13:43] <stpeter> sure :)
[14:13:47] <MiGri> next meeting?
[14:14:03] <stpeter> someday :)
[14:14:07] <Florian> TBA
[14:14:52] <Alex> ok
[14:14:59] <Alex> 6) Formal Adjournment
[14:15:09] <Alex> I motion that we adjourn
[14:15:15] <Florian> +1
[14:15:16] <stpeter> second
[14:15:24] Alex bangs the gavel
[14:15:26] <MiGri> second
[14:15:31] <stpeter> thanks, Alex!
[14:15:33] <Alex> this was a quick meeting ;-)
[14:15:36] <stpeter> so unofficial business...
[14:15:41] MiGri has set the subject to: http://www.xmpp.org/xsf/ | No scheduled meeting
[14:15:59] <stpeter> Nathan Fritz aka Fritzy suggested that we hold some interop testing
[14:16:08] <Florian> yes please :)
[14:16:12] <stpeter> get XSF members involved
[14:16:28] <Florian> what kind of Interop?
[14:16:35] <Florian> XMPP Interop Day?
[14:16:36] <MiGri> the vote for Xue was really thight.
[14:16:41] <stpeter> MiGri: yes
[14:17:01] <stpeter> Florian: no, I think more like ongoing testing, building tools for conformance, etc.
[14:17:08] <Florian> hmm
[14:17:21] <stpeter> XSF members could also provide reports on software interop
[14:17:29] <Florian> :)
[14:17:29] <stpeter> we had only a quick discussion about it
[14:17:34] <Florian> what happened to the Certification?
[14:17:41] <Florian> didn't we have that before?
[14:17:42] <stpeter> but his idea was that this would give XSF members something to do :)
[14:17:44] <Florian> Software Certification?
[14:17:46] <stpeter> Florian: no
[14:17:59] <stpeter> we had some people interested in it at one point
[14:18:04] <stpeter> but not real effort
[14:18:12] <Florian> ah
[14:18:30] <Florian> what would your interop network look like?
[14:18:45] <stpeter> Fritzy is building some testing tools, mostly for pubsub
[14:18:51] <Florian> a long time ago, I had the idea of creating images of he different servers
[14:18:57] <stpeter> the problem with the interop network is that it never really happened :)
[14:19:03] <stpeter> too many rules and regulations :)
[14:19:05] <Florian> and the developers could get access to them and manage them
[14:19:08] <Alex> I am very interested at server interop testing. Especially of the commercial server where its hard to get access to
[14:19:31] <stpeter> one concern in the past was information disclosure
[14:19:31] <Florian> we could script stuff, i.e. user creation etc.
[14:19:39] <stpeter> but we could make that a condition of XSF membership somehow
[14:20:12] <Florian> hmm, yes
[14:21:04] <stpeter> so
[14:21:15] <stpeter> perhaps we could have a MUC discussion about this sometime soon
[14:21:25] <Florian> i'm up for a MUC :)
[14:21:25] <Alex> I think a good start would be if teh XSF hosts a webpage where developers get connected
[14:21:58] <stpeter> getting connected is always a good thing :)
[14:22:02] <Alex> so server vendors host their own servers for interop etsting, and we provide the contact data at a central point
[14:22:17] <Alex> if someting does not work we can help or kick asses ;)
[14:22:56] <stpeter> heehee
[14:22:57] <stpeter> right
[14:23:03] <Florian> why not automate a bit more?
[14:23:17] <Florian> i.e. you can register an account for 24 hours on the interop network
[14:23:26] <Florian> using a similar thing like register.jabber.org
[14:23:50] <stpeter> BTW I've been talking with Will Sheward about switching the xmpp.org site over to WordPress -- we could give every XSF members a WordPress account for posting reports etc.
[14:25:27] <Alex> I like wordpress
[14:25:39] <MiGri> hmm.. wouldn't a cms like dupal better for our site?
[14:25:46] <MiGri> drupal even
[14:26:21] <Florian> well, I like the way we do it now :)
[14:26:23] <Florian> WP is nice
[14:26:37] <stpeter> we'd use WP for some pages and keep using scripts for the rest
[14:26:39] <Florian> but I wouldn't want to use it for XMPP.org
[14:26:39] <stpeter> maybe :)
[14:31:07] <stpeter> so perhaps we can have a MUC about that in a week or two?
[14:31:16] <stpeter> I'll poke Fritzy about it
[14:31:27] <Florian> sounds good :)
[14:31:47] <Alex> need some food, brb
[14:32:01] <stpeter> k
[14:47:22] <stpeter> in other news, I had my first Jingle call last week :)
[14:50:15] <Alex> oh cool, which software were you using?
[14:51:28] <stpeter> I was using Psi on Mac and Justin Karneges was using Psi on Linux
[14:51:43] <stpeter> just tried to test with Pidgin but we had a parsing issue
[14:57:43] Alex leaves the room: Computer went to sleep
[15:01:41] fritzy joins the room
[15:02:35] <fritzy> Howdy
[15:07:53] <stpeter> hi fritzy!
[15:10:02] <fritzy> What's up?
[15:10:21] <fritzy> You want me to schedule the first interop meeting?
[15:10:22] <stpeter> not much
[15:10:28] <stpeter> fritzy: sure!
[15:10:48] <stpeter> perhaps next week or the week after?
[15:11:53] <fritzy> ok. We'll work out what the responsibilities of the group is. I have my own ideas about that.
[15:12:04] <fritzy> But we'll discuss it at that meeting, and get some action items back.
[15:12:57] <stpeter> sounds great!
[15:13:03] <fritzy> stpeter: do you have a guess as to what time works best for most of the XSF members? Are they largely Western (Western Europe and Americas?)
[15:13:15] <stpeter> fritzy: yes
[15:13:25] <stpeter> I think we have only a few members from outside N. America and Europe
[15:14:10] <fritzy> ok
[15:14:54] <fritzy> so something like 1800 GMT would probably be best
[15:15:08] <fritzy> k, I'll write up an announcement.
[15:15:34] <fritzy> is this the MUC room we should use? Are XSF members whitelisted in here?
[15:21:29] <stpeter> this is an open room
[15:21:33] <stpeter> but we know who the members are
[15:21:43] <fritzy> ok
[15:21:43] <stpeter> we can always kick out any troublemakers :)
[15:37:32] <fritzy> stpeter: Is "compliancy" a word?
[15:37:55] <stpeter> it is now :)
[15:37:59] <stpeter> I prefer "compliance"
[15:38:43] <stpeter> I think that "compliancy" is a bogus word
[15:38:44] <fritzy> compliance seems to infer a binary option, while compliancy could be more of a sliding scale.
[15:39:03] <fritzy> right
[15:39:14] <stpeter> bbiaf
[16:21:44] <fritzy> sent
[16:22:24] <stpeter> thanks!
[16:25:51] stpeter leaves the room
[16:49:27] Tobias leaves the room
[23:41:15] oldtiger49 joins the room
[23:42:09] oldtiger49 leaves the room
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!